Classes and Seminars
Phone: (262) 549-5979
Fax: (262) 970-0298
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1982 -Present
- American Bar Association, 1982 -Present
- American Inns of Court, 1994
- Waukesha County Bar Association, 1982 -Present
Classes and Seminars
Instructor, Business Law, Stratton College, Milwaukee, WI, 1982 -1985
Past Employment Positions
- Von Briesen and Redmond, S.C., Law Clerk, 1979 -1980
- Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office, Legal Intern, 1980 -1982
- Van Skike & Huppertz, Partner, 1982 -1988
- Carlson & Huppertz, S.C., Partner, 1988 -1996
- Huppertz & Kuhary, S.C., Partner, 1996 -2005
- Law Offices of Matthew H. Huppertz, Partner, 2005 -2009
- Huppertz & Dorow, S.C., Partner, 2009 -2011
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1982 J.D.
- Marquette University, 1979 B.A.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Marquette University High School, 1975
Matt has over 35 years of experience in criminal matters. While a prosecutor for the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for two (2) years, he had 13 jury trials. As a defense lawyer for the past 33 years, he has handled over 100 jury trials; hundreds of trials to the court; and hundreds of motion hearings. He has tried several first degree murder cases; many sexual assault cases; and hundreds of other criminal cases.
Matt has also represented over 100 clients in criminal appeals. He has argued five (5) times before the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Two of the cases resulted in ground breaking decisions that set the standard for effective assistance of criminal defense lawyers and created a constitutional exception in The Rape Shield Law. Few, if any, criminal defense lawyers have the trial experience and appellate experience that Matt has used in his defense of all of his clients.
Matt also has been a featured speaker at national DNA evidence seminars; Wisconsin Drug Enforcement seminars; continuing education classes for police officers in Wisconsin; Banking Fraud Investigation seminars; and an adjunct professor at WCTC in criminal law.
Matt graduated from Marquette University High School, Marquette University (a proud Warrior) and Marquette Law School. He is a member of the Waukesha County Bar Association as well as the American Bar Association. He lives in Delafield, Wisconsin with his wife and their four (4) children.