Skip to content

Facing a Denied Appeal in Wisconsin? We Can Help.

You’ve extended your case with an appeal, but that appeal has been denied. Does that mean your case is over? Not necessarily.

If you’re facing a denied appeal in Wisconsin, there are multiple avenues you can explore at this point, depending on your unique circumstances.

You can file a motion for reconsideration with the Court of Appeals.  This motion asks the appellate court to review the case again, especially useful if a fact has been misconstrued, a mistake has been made or if the court’s law influenced the ruling.

Another option, you can petition for review with the Wisconsin Supreme Court within 30 days of a decision. This involves taking your case to a new level and asking the state supreme court to review the findings. Though a new set of eyes can be helpful to your case, please keep in mind that the Wisconsin Supreme Court has no obligation and can choose to deny your petition.

If your appeal has been denied, there are many important factors to consider, including deadlines required by law. That’s why having an experienced Wisconsin Criminal Defense Attorney on your side is crucial.

To schedule a 100% free and confidential first meeting with the lawyers of Huppertz & Powers, S.C., you can call 262-549-5979, fill out our criminal defense intake form or send us an email for a prompt response.

Share This


Related Articles

juvenile delinquency

Juvenile Delinquency: Effects on Teens and their Parents

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence and Abuse: What You Can Do About It?

Criminal Traffic Offenses-misdemeanors

Criminal Traffic: Misdemeanors, Felonies and Violations

Juvenile Delinquency

What Causes Teens to Commit Juvenile Delinquency?